Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hello, faithful readers

I hope that you haven't been experiencing blog withdrawal since I haven't posted anything in the past two days. To be quite honest, I've ended up asleep before I've gotten to post something, so I just didn't. Please don't take it personally.

Also, I've talked a few of you, my loyal readers, lately. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for reading this in the first place, but also for your praise and/or constructive criticism. It is all appreciated.

To be quite honest, another reason I haven't written lately is that I really haven't had anything I wanted to discuss. I do have one CD recommendation for all of you however.

It's the self titled debut of a band by the name of Chickenfoot. It features people from a few bands you may have heard of--Van Halen, in it's "Van Hagar" phase (Sammy Hagar and guitarist Michael Anthony), the Red Hot Chili Peppers (their drummer Chad Smith) and guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani.

My review: It's just a great record all around. Great sound, great playing, great everything. Pick it up on either iTunes or like I do, go out and buy the damn thing at a store. Actually you should do that. The packaging is printed with a heat sensitive ink that changes appearance when above or below 84 degrees. If nothing else, it's cheap fun to put your fingers all over the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment