Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Tuesday morning funny. Or at the very least I find it funny. And it's my blog damn it.

Only a few of you might know this, but I am a huge fan of racing, more specifically the open wheel kind. In other words, the cars that run in the Indy 500. I also like to watch the Formula 1 cars that race in mainly in Europe. Heck, I even get up at 7:30 on Sunday mornings to watch the races live (I am NOT hardcore enough however to stay up to watch the races from Asia that start at 1:30 am or later. I tape those since I'm one of the five people who still don't have TiVo or a DVR .)

My favorite Indycar driver is Dario Franchitti, who incidentally is married to actress Ashley Judd, who is in my opinion a sports lovers dream wife, in that she will go and support her man at the track, but is also a season ticket holder at the University of Kentucky and a rather vocal fan. Vocal enough in fact that I've heard if Dario goes with her, he sits several rows away.

I guess being married to an actress has rubbed off on him though. The link below is for a commercial that ran during the 500 on Sunday for Indy Downforce, the official fan club of the circuit. I found this funny enough that I almost choked on my soda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYcA3t2VgB0

No comments:

Post a Comment