Friday, July 3, 2009

Three Sheets is Back.

This is the second part of the non basic cable edition of the "Appointment TV" post. You may wonder why it is getting a post all its own. It's because the show is back.

That's right, Three Sheets returns on July 20th at 10pm. on the Fine Living Network. Check your local listing to find the channel number in your area. The show will air nightly, with new episodes airing Mondays at 10pm, which if you read the previous post will cause me issues because that show is on at the same time.

Right after I got digital cable, I discovered this show and liked it because it had a very simple premise: Travel the world and get to drink doing it. Like I've said before, I like to have a beer (or two) in my free time. It aired on Thursdays on a channel called Mojo HD, which the cable companies established as a showcase for HD programming.

Last December the channel went off the air as a result of cable systems adding a large amount of HD programming to their channel lineup, leaving the show homeless. After a few pub crawls to save the show, it has reappeared on the Fine Living Network.

Like I said, the premise of the show is simple. Host Zane Lamprey travels the show and drinks, and also discovers the local hangover cure at some point in the episode. Sounds wonderful, and such a simplistic idea if you think about it. There is also a brief piece about the local history of the place as well as its alcohol.

Without a doubt, my favorite segement of the show is the appearance of Pleepleus, a stuffed monkey who randomly appears throughout the course of the episode. Also, the show has a drinking game (rules to appear below). I'm not advocating playing it by mentioning it, but I will say, I know the rules and have observed that one could get a little drunk watching.

Luckily for viewers of the show, they had already shot the fourth season of the show when Mojo HD announced they were closing up shop.

As I mentioned, here are the rules. Please watch and enjoy.
  1. When Zane drinks, you drink.
  2. The first person to spot Pleepleus the monkey, makes someone else drink.
  3. When Zane mentions his friend, Steve McKenna, everyone drinks.
  4. When Zane or anyone burps, the last person to give the "Good Burp" sign (thumb on your forehead, pinky in the air) drinks.

1 comment:

  1. "I like to have a beer in my free time."


    That's like saying "I like to breathe in my spare time."

    :)

    ReplyDelete